Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
- Leave the Saniderm bandage on overnight.
- In the morning take off the bandage and wash the tattoo with warm water and liquid dish soap. Wash and rinse until all the blood is off (it will go from feeling slimy to feeling rubbery.)
- Once washed thoroughly, dry the tattoo really well. Repeat the process if blood and plasma continue to present.
- Upon satisfaction, apply the new Saniderm bandage provided for you.
- Leave the second bandage on for 3-5 days. It is water resistant and breathable, you will be able to take normal showers without interfering with the healing process.
- When you take off the second bandage, wash and dry the tattoo again.
- Should there be any residual scabbing, use a dye and perfume free water based moisturizer a few times a day and avoid getting the scabs wet. Don’t pick at the scabs. They should come off easily within a week.
- After the scabs are gone, please note that the tattoo is not yet fully settled into the skin.
- Start applying vitamin E oil into the tattoo at least a few times a day to help the tattoo settle in, and to ensure that there is no damage to the skin from any mild scarring that may occur.